Contrary to popular belief there are very few grants available to start and grow businesses.
Read The Truth About Free Government Grants for additional insight.
Estimate the amount of funding you need
Start at the beginning: how much money do you need and for what?
- Tips on estimating startup costs (SBA)
- Online startup costs calculator (Bplans.com)
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) counselors can also help
youdetermine your startup or expansion financing needs
Determine the best source of funding
- Overview of business financing (BizFilings by CT)
- Quick Pick chart of funding sources based on stage of business (BizFilings by CT)
Put together a business plan
Most funding sources will want to see a clear plan for your business. Get started with your business plan.
Types of funding
- Friends and Family Funding
- Types of Loans Available
- Bank/Credit Union Loans
- Angel and VC Investment
- Technology Grants
Find Resource Partners that can assist you with funding your business by searching the Resource Navigator.